1341 19th Ave, Apt 3
San Francisco, CA 94122
April, 1 2013
Dear Nurse Recruitment:
I am writing to express my interest in a nursing resident position/ new nurse training program referenced in the job announcements on your hospital's job network. I have extensively researched your program and hospital and am eager to become a part of it. I believe your program will help me amplify my potential as a nurse. I want to work as a staff nurse for your organization a minimum of 5 years to gain bedside experience after which point I hope to take on more in leadership responsibilities in my unit and hospital wide. My long-term career goal would to be a Clinical Nurse Specialist for your organization. I moved to San Francisco for school and have loved the diversity and unique experiences the bay area hospitals have given me. In school I really focused on a life school balance, focusing on life and school to maximize my learning opportunities and skills building. Learning this self care practice early in my nursing career will help me fight burn out, love my job, and enjoy a long nursing career.
I received my Bachelors of Science in Gerontology in May 2008 from California State University, Sacramento. I am in the progress of completing my Masters in Nursing from California State University, San Francisco and expect to complete this degree in May 2013. I have completed all the coursework required of a BSN prepared nurse but my terminal degree is a MSN, with the focus of Clinical Nurse Specialist of Adult Acute Care. I obtained my RN licensure in July 2012 but have not worked as a paid RN yet as I have been completing my masters.
My resume is enclosed for your review. I appreciate the opportunity to be considered for this position with your hospital. I am available at your convenience, if you have any questions or need any further information, please contact me at 707-280-2815.
I am motivated and passionate, and would appreciate the opportunity to contribute to your hospital's success.
Clinical Experiences Summary
Clinical Nurse Cover Letter
Clinical Nurses advocate for patients, care for patients, acting as a consultant for other healthcare professionals, teaching nursing staff and conducting research. Key functions of Clinical Nurses include educating staff members on new or revised procedures, evaluating and improving current practices, consulting with patient care managers, developing treatment plans and analyzing patient data.
Our library of resumes for Clinical Nurses mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s of science in nursing or a related field
- Master’s of science in nursing or a related field
- Certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center or another recognized national certifying body
- Status as a state-licensed Registered Nurse
- 5+ years of experience
- Extensive knowledge of the specialty of their choice (acute care, oncology, gerontology, women’s health, pediatric care, etc.)
- Relevant certification in the specialty of their choice
- Willingness to pursue further education after earning a master’s degree
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good management skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs
The cover letter below showcases similar skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Clinical Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Wong,
I am submitting my resume for the position of Clinical Nurse. With a bachelor’s and master’s degree of science in nursing, nationally recognized certification, three years of general experience and three years of neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) experience, I believe I would make a valuable addition to the Sunny Valley Hospital NICU team.
My professional experience includes caring for hundreds of patients and their families in a warm and reassuring manner, developing cutting-edge practices to optimize patient care, acting as a patient advocate, conducting in-depth research to design the most comprehensive care plans possible, training NICU staff and analyzing treatment results to improve treatment plans.
Here are a few highlights of my experience and qualifications:
- Earned a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from California State University Long Beach
- Earned a Master’s of Science in nursing from the University of California Los Angeles
- Received ACCNS-N (neonatal) certification from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
- Modified communication practices in the interest of maximizing the comfort and confidence of patients’ families
- Successfully developed new treatment practices to reduce preventable infant mortality rates
- Trained NICU nurses to adopt all new practices
- Collaborated with patient care managers to improve the efficacy and accessibility of patient care
- Followed up with all patient families after discharge to learn from their feedback and experience
- Performed neonatal nursing duties of all varieties
I am committed to providing the best care available to all patients and their families, and I hope to bring my experience, patient dedication and love of nursing to the Sunny Valley Hospital NICU.
I sincerely appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to discussing this position with you further.