Your Most Important Training Investment is Teaching People to Think
Your success starts with your employees. You can’t do business unless the people who work for you — from senior executives to front-line employees — can solve problems, make good decisions, and use sound judgment. Yet most organizations do little to help their people develop the foundation for these skills: the ability to think critically.
Fortunately, critical thinking can be taught. Companies we've set on the right path report their return on critical thinking training as much as 17 times the investment. Because when you think critically, you work smarter.
Pearson offers five innovative training options to build critical thinking skills:
The course packet will provide all curriculum information necessary to demonstrate the value of the program.
How You Will Benefit
- Explore real-world examples of why critical thinking is so important in business
- Learn to use critical thinking skills when making business decisions
- Choose the right techniques to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments and draw conclusions
- Discover 7 ways to spot a weak argument
- Know how to translate an abstract idea into something tangible
- Identify 8 barriers to effective critical thinking
- Minimize the impact of job pressures on your thinking processes
- React with curiosity instead of emotion
- Get a roadmap for developing your critical thinking skills
What You Will CoverRecognizing the Value of Using Critical Thinking in Business
- Defining critical thinking
- Characteristics of effective critical thinkers
- The role of critical thinking in meeting business challenges
A Critical Thinking Process
- Using a framework to relate critical thinking to business challenges
- Describing critical thinking using the RED (Recognize assumptions, Evaluate arguments, Draw conclusions) Model
- Positioning the RED Model within a critical thinking framework
Obtaining Feedback on Your Critical Thinking Skills
- Recognizing the value of gaining insight into one’s critical thinking skills
- Relating critical thinking skills to other business skills
- Uses for the "My Thinking Styles" assessment
- "My Thinking Styles" Development Report
- Your personal "Thinking Styles" Development Report
A Context for Critical Thinking
- Identifying personal situations where critical thinking has been and could be used
- Selecting techniques for using critical thinking skills and the RED model
- Relating insight from your "Thinking Styles" report and feedback to a personal critical thinking situation
Applying Critical Thinking Tools and Skills in Business Situations
- Practicing using critical thinking skills and techniques in a real business situation
- Initial action plan for development of critical thinking skills
Who Should AttendAll business professionals who want to enhance their thinking processes to achieve better results in business.
Note: Before attending this session, you will receive a link to the online "My Thinking Styles" assessment. You must complete the assessment to participate fully in this seminar.
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
Ways to Register
AMA Certificate Discount
- 1st seminar—member/ non-member price
- 2nd seminar—$200 discount
- 3rd—$200 discount
This offer cannot be combined with any other promotion.
View a complete list of AMA's Certificate Programs
Seminar Savings Pass—Save up to 53%
Training a small team or a large group? AMA’s Seminar Savings Pass offers a variety of options to maximize your budget while achieving your goals! This is a call-in offer only. Call 1-877-566-9441 and mention code LD8L.