Project manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for a project manager, or download the project manager cover letter template in Word.
When it comes to completing a job from start to finish, the value of clarity and good communication can’t be overstated. To be considered for top project manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for your work. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for a project manager, or download the project manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can learn about project management careers and look for project manager jobs on Monster.
Project manager letter template
Georgia Smith, pmp
Sometown, TN 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
August 10, 2017
Ms. Barbara Washington
55 Main St.
Sometown, TN 55555
Re: Project Manager, Job Ref. #12345, Advertised on Monster
Dear Ms. Washington:
I was excited to read ABC Company’s posting for a project manager. I offer 11 years of experience executing project delivery for multimillion-dollar, strategic client projects involving:
Most recently as project manager for XYZ Company, I delivered results such as:
- $23.5M in cost savings as lead of an enterprise-wide IT productivity program and development of a multi-year strategic roadmap enabling more informed decision making.
- 10% revenue boost (YTD) as leader of a $2M, enterprise-wide implementation of business intelligence applications for DEF Stores, which also facilitated supply chain decisions, improved store configuration, enhanced customer satisfaction and increased promotional sales.
- Management of a complex implementation of Oracle ERP, sun-setting SAP environment and seamlessly integrating a new platform without interrupting business operations.
Reinforcing my project and team management experience are credentials that include Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, multiple certifications (Six Sigma Green Belt, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) and Microsoft Dynamics NAV), a BS in Computer Information Systems and an in-progress MBA.
Blending business, technical and people management skills to plan and execute IT projects, I am confident that I would contribute to successful IT project completions for ABC Company. You can reach me at (555) 555-5555 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a meeting. Thank you for your time.
Georgia Smith, PMP
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Project Manager Cover Letter
A well written project manager cover letter gives you a compelling advantage in your project manager job search and project management job application.
Highlight your achievements and successes as a project manager, focus on the skills and competencies that make you a good fit for the job opportunity and convince the employer of your suitability.
Re-work the sample letter to create your own hard hitting cover letter and come across as the right project management professional for the job.
SAMPLE PROJECT MANAGER COVER LETTER
Your Contact details (phone and email)
Mr Mark Stevens
Director of Human Resources
15 South Parkway
Long Island, NY 11551
Dear Mr Stevens
Your recent advertisement for the Project Manager position immediately captured my interest. I am confident that my seven years solid experience in project management provides me with the capabilities to successfully fulfill this position. Accordingly I have enclosed my resume for your consideration.
Some key points that are relevant to this opportunity include:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, certification in risk management.
- Successful management of multiple projects in the XYZ industry from defining requirements through execution and closure.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Sound ability to conduct and interpret qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Comprehensive understanding of RCA, FMEA, statistics and quality improvement techniques.
- Efficient management and motivation of cross functional teams ranging from 5 to 35 members.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office and current project management applications.
- A solid reputation as a hard working, innovative and results-driven professional.
I am convinced that my project management experience and abilities are in perfect accord with your current criteria. I would appreciate an opportunity to further discuss your needs and my qualifications. Please contact me, via phone or e-mail, to set up a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.
Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
For maximum impact use your cover letter to focus attention on what qualifies you as the right project manager for the job. Convince the reader that you meet the job requirements and can contribute significantly to the company.
Use this detailed project manager job description to clearly identify the required job tasks and competencies.
Full list of project manager duties and skills
Use the sample project manager resume to create a resume that gets you the interview.
Sample Resume Template
Project Manager Cover Letter Resources
Operations Manager Job Description
Production Manager Job Description
Manager Cover Letter
Project Manager Cover Letter Tips
Project Manager Interview Questions
Project Management Interview Questions
Project Manager Interview
Job Interviews > Sample Cover Letters > Project Manager
Use the search box to find exactly what you are looking for.
To Top of Page